Campus MovieFest 2015-16 Official Rules
Here's your one-stop shop for all the fun and exciting legal info we're required to post. In case you're ever struggling to come up with an idea for a short movie or are in need of something legal to help you get to sleep, spend some quality time below perusing all the official rules.
- All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Contest void wherever prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
- No purchase necessary to enter or win a prize. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
- Sponsor: Ideas United, LLC, 122 New St, Decatur, GA 30030
Your entry must consist of three elements: (1) creator name, e-mail address, and phone number entered in the registration system at www.campusmoviefest.com; (2) your completed movie submitted prior to the event deadline listed on www.campusmoviefest.com; and (3) completed signed general release forms and cast list forms for all persons appearing in your movie submitted prior to event deadline. A complete entry consists of the above stated three elements. Incomplete entries may not be judged and are subject to disqualification. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. To create your movie, follow these guidelines:
- You must submit the provided Movie Release with signatures of all members of the team creating the entry, and the provided Talent release, with signatures of all on-camera or voiceover talent.
- You must be able to transfer all rights to Ideas United, LLC and its partners.
- The movie must follow all other category guidelines as posted at the time of submission on www.campusmoviefest.com, including not violating any laws or school policies.
- Ideas United, LLC does not assume responsibility for phone, technical, network, electronic, computer, hardware or software failure of any kind, stolen, incomplete, garbled, or delayed internet/e-mail computer transmission, or lost, late, misdirected, damaged, illegible, stolen, incomplete, misaddressed entries incorrectly transmitted entries, or any other entry which does not meet the requirements set out in Rule 4. Entries may be disqualified if not complete for any reason.
Prize packages will be announced on www.campusmoviefest.com. Prize packages are provided for each participating School selected by Sponsor and one Grand Finale competition. Approximate retail values included below.
US School level prizes include:
Grand Prizes include:
- Prize packages for the four (4) highest scoring movies submitted at the school level (Jury Award Winners) include one free 12-month subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud (RV $599.88 USD), custom CMF Movie Slate trophy, invitation to screen at CMF Grand Finale (Summer 2016), invitation to attend and screen at the Cannes International Film Festival with CMF (subject to acceptance terms and availability; travel and festival fees apply).
- These prize packages apply only to participating schools in the United States.
- Best Picture will receive a Sennheiser “Sound Prize Pack” (valued at $3,000 USD)
- Best Sound will receive a Sennheiser “Sound Prize Pack” valued at $2,000 USD.
- For the “Elfenworks Social Justice Category” recognizing the movies that focus on social justice issues, one (1) grand prize winner will receive a $10,000 USD cash prize, and $5,000 USD cash prizes will be divided among selected runners-up.
- The Sponsor of all prizes is Ideas United, LLC.
- A panel of judges, from inside and outside participating universities, the Campus MovieFest staff, Campus MovieFest partners, and the surrounding community knowledgeable in the fields of film, music, or student life will consider the following criteria in determining the finalists or winners:
- Content (story/structure)
- Technical excellence
- Overall quality
- Adherence to the selected theme for each category, including “Elfenworks Social Justice.” Additional criteria and guidelines may be presented online at www.campusmoviefest.com.
- Ideas United, LLC, reserves the right for the judging panels to eliminate any entry on the basis of objectionable content, including but not limited to guidelines listed in the provided CMF Training Manual and online at www.campusmoviefest.com.
- Additional prize categories may be determined based on criteria announced on www.campusmoviefest.com.
- The judging will take place within one month of the deadline. Prizes are non-transferable. There will be no substitution of prizes and no election of cash in lieu of prizes, except at the sole discretion of Ideas United, LLC. All prizes will be awarded. Winners should allow two months for delivery of the prizes after notification of winning. Prize winner is responsible for all applicable taxes. In the event of prize unavailability, Ideas United reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. If an entry is disqualified an alternate winner will be selected by the judges based on the judging criteria.
- Each entrant warrants and represents that he/she is the creator of the submitted entry; the entry is original and owned by entrant; the entry is free of any claims by other parties; and that the entry was not created at their job, using their employer’s equipment or on their employer’s time. Each entrant further grants to Sponsor and its partners the right to exhibit, broadcast, reproduce, edit, rebroadcast, publicly perform, display, create derivative works of, distribute, post, sublicense, and otherwise use the entries or any parts thereof, in perpetuity worldwide in any manner, without compensation or additional consideration to entrant. Sponsor and its partners are not obligated to display any entry.
- By entering the contest, the entrants (a) agree to the official rules and the decisions of the judges which shall be final in all respects; (b) consent to the use of winners’ names and likenesses, the name of his/her company, school or affiliation (if applicable) and any statements, quotes or testimonials, photographs, designs, models, software and/or any other audio-visual materials provided by the entrant, for advertising, trade and publicity purposes and grants Ideas United, LLC and its authorized agents, licensees, assigns, and designated partners the rights to reprint, display, reproduce, perform, exhibit and sell the entry without limitation and without any additional compensation to the winner or any other party, except where prohibited by law; (c) release Ideas United, LLC, its subsidiaries, sponsors, partners, and affiliates, and their directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by participation in the contest, by any prize, or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any prize; and (d) agree that entries shall not contain obscene or offensive imagery or audio, violence, nudity, sexual activity, illegal activity, defamatory content, unauthorized trademarks, copyrighted or confidential material, or any other inappropriate materials as determined by Sponsor.
- Upon receipt, the actual entry submitted becomes the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
- For additional copies of the Official Rules, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employees and contractors of Ideas United, LLC, affiliates, advertisers, sponsors, and partners of Campus MovieFest, advertising and promotion agencies (“Released Parties”) or members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter the contest. Individuals are eligible to enter only if they are, at the time of entry, both (1) legal residents of the United States of America who are at least the age of majority at time of entry and (2) enrolled as a part time or full time student at an accredited United States college or university.
- By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Released Parties from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the programming associated with the Contest; (2) unauthorized human action in any part of the process; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest; (4) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, provided that, if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia or the appropriate Georgia State Court located in DeKalb County, Georgia; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Georgia without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Georgia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Georgia.
- For a list of winners, please send e-mail to email@example.com or a stamped self-addressed envelope to the following address:
Ideas United, LLC
122 New St
Decatur, GA 30030