Tips on perfecting your resume for IU Interns.
- Keep it to one page.
- Be sure to list your name, phone number, email address, and anticipated graduation date and your cumulative GPA clearly at the top of your resume.
- Proofread and ask a friend, teacher, or career counselor to review your resume. Don't rely only on spell check!
- Be sure to highlight your strengths and skills, and give specific examples of when you've used them.
- Show experience or relevant coursework on your resume so that it's in line with the position for which you're applying.
Are you nervous about your phone interview or in-person interview? Relax and read over these tips.
- Practice. Practice. Practice. Come to the interview prepared.
- Be concise with your answers and avoid rambling.
- Don't be afraid of silence while we write notes.
- Give specific examples of your work experience and skills.
- Be yourself, don't be afraid to let your personality show.
- Save a copy of the job description when you apply, and review it before the interview.
- Do your research. Be knowledgeable about Ideas United, Campus MovieFest and the position for which you're applying.